This is the song that never ends...: Blah.

This is the song that never ends...

Saturday, August 12, 2006


Feeling like poo today. Shall I bore you with my life? I shall.

I fell asleep on the couch last night and John claims to have tried to get me up a couple times to come to bed with him and watch a TV show that I like (Most Haunted...--Canadian Television--). I only remember him turning off the lamp in the living room and that was it. I snuggled back up into the couch and continued to snooze away. The couch has become a strange thing to me lately. It started out as the best place in the world to get a good night's sleep. I could let my butt sink into the middle cushion division and it supported my belly quite well. I could even sleep on my back because of the whole butt-sinking dynamic as it kept me in a sort of semi-reclined position. Now, while I can still sleep well on the couch, getting off and back onto it is becoming something of an event. I think I pull a stomach muscle each time I try to hoist myself up and each time I try to lay back down. The fact that I can't get comfortable ANYWHERE is really starting to piss me off.

On to my day today... did up some morning dishes, had a bit of breakfast and since the weather is lovely, decided to tend the front garden for a bit. I haven't tamed my ivy sculpture-things out front in quite a while so I tackled those, then I went on to do a tiny bit of weeding. And by tiny bit, I mean tiny bit. Once the whole bending-over thing stopped working for me, I came inside the Florida room (yes, we live in Canada and have a Florida room) and helped John stain the cabinet doors for the master bathroom. We've got pretty good ventilation (fans on and windows open) happening in there so the fumes were super-minimal.

After the staining, I started on a crock-pot recipe that I've been meaning to try. When I was in the ravenous craving phase of my pregnancy, I ripped a recipe out of a magazine from the doctor's office for pulled pork. I don't know why I NEEDED that recipe bad enough to rip it out of a magazine that didn't belong to me.... but, I remember the sheer satisfaction of having it tucked in my purse while I waited for the doctor.

After the cooking, I decided that I needed to spray-paint something. I don't know what it is these days with me and spray painting everything I can get my hands on. I think it has something to do with not needing to open a flippin' can of paint, find a brush, tape off the edges (which never seems to matter for me anyway....I'm THAT bad...) and all that jazz. I had a large fake-wood mirror that I've been wanting to 'bring new life to' so I lugged that outside and put a few coats on. Then, I rabidly wandered the house for more to paint. I found some light switch covers, a couple tin cans and a wooden picture frame. Yes, it really is a disorder.

Decided I was tired of painting so I came in, showered and cleaned up a little bit inside. I dyed and plucked my eyebrows and did some dishes. Now, I'm having some strange pressure/stabbing pain whenever I stand and walk around. When I sit, I'm all good-but, when I walk around, YOW!

These are the days of our lives, folks.


  • At 8:27 AM , Anonymous antejay said...

    Sounds like u are more than ready....can't wait.....soon another wiblet excited for you. antejay


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web counter