This is the song that never ends...: Back in the saddle.

This is the song that never ends...

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Back in the saddle.

Woke up this morning and decided the nutritional debauchery needed to cease. I was planning on not really paying attention to protein/carb/fat ratios until the kiddo came, but I've since rethought my game plan. I want to make sure that this last week (and a half???) is filled with plenty of energy-sustaining nutrients and that I'm ready for my next marathon---labour.

I'm going to be sticking with the basic BFL principle. My only adjustment will be that I'm not planning on doing too much in FitDay and I'll probably end up with something more like a 50/30/20 plan in the end-which is A-O.K. with me right now. After the babe arrives, I'll probably switch it up to the more rigid 40/40/20 and keep the carbs ultra-clean; but for now, I'm just trying to make a transition (which, in the end, should make the flip to 40/40/20 easier in a few weeks).

With that said, breakfast was whole-wheat toast and hard-boiled eggs. I actually pondered the thought of pouring a stew-pot of Honeycomb cereal and vegging out in front of the TV for a few hours, but I was strong and boiled me some eggs, instead.

Lots to do today. I need to straighten up the house for tomorrow's mini-baby-shower with John's friend's wives, put up some artwork in Jack's room, clean up my office a bit and then do a little laundry. For the art in Jack's room, I bought a 10-pack of frames from Target and made some homemade mats to fit inside. I tried to make the mats interesting enough so that if I put them on the wall by themselves (without pics), they would still have some artistic insterest. I think they came out smashing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
web counter