This is the song that never ends...: Well, folks, it’s official.

This is the song that never ends...

Friday, September 16, 2005

Well, folks, it’s official.

I’m running the ING New York City Marathon. I booked my hotel and flight last night and I think that may have been just the kick in the pants that I needed. It’s real now. My usual habit of starting without finishing and an added dash of procrastination has to go on a short-term seven-week hiatus. I leave in SEVEN WEEKS. I HAVE to do well. I HAVE to start running. I HAVE to get a few longs in there. The longest trail run that I’ve done is about 10 miles and it really was a piece of cake, so I’m sure it will all work out okay.

Weekend plans:
Laundry (wash all workout clothes and get them put away)
Long run Sunday morning
Upper body workout on Saturday night


My plan for the weekend is getting a little bit readjusted. I’m staying at a friend’s house tonight so I won’t get a chance to do my long first thing in the morning tomorrow, but, I’m keeping in mind that FLEXIBILITY is key for this to work. I tend to get all bent out of shape when a structured plan falls through and then I throw the baby out with the bath water (that figure of speech just creeps me out). Not this time. Not during these precious seven weeks. Because of that, I am making a promise here and now to remain flexible with my schedule and to not freak out when I have to shuffle my workout schedule.


I find that my life is ever-changing and it’s much more enjoyable to go with the flow than to dig my heels into the ground and stand still as a symbol of rebellion (even though it's really fear). In the end, I'm just standing still.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
web counter