This is the song that never ends...: Scratch my itch.

This is the song that never ends...

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Scratch my itch.

So I had dinner with a friend this evening (thanks for the killer salmon, Jack-you inspire without saying a word) and I think I've gotten the itch. The phitness itch, that is. "What is 'phitness'", you ask? Phitness is the mack-daddy of fitness. Phitness is being so spot-on with your body-mind-spirit and wanting only the best for every aspect. Phitness is being at one with your fit self. Om.

More to come...

As for giving my notice of resig. at work... the VP of the company handled it like a champ. We laughed, we cried, blah blah---it went really well and I thought it was cool when he asked me if there was anything he could do make me change my mind. 'Ummm, yeah. I'd like an office, an assistant, a personal subway from my doorstep to my desk and maybe fresh fruit delivered twice a week.' He was referring to monetary acknowledgement of course and I said no. I don't believe in playing the cash card with companies unless you're due for a raise. Employees become flight risks when their basis for staying is rooted solely in the green dough. I'm leaving because if I don't, I'm going to have a heart attack at the ripe ol' age of 28. And I ain't havin' that.

When I told Someone about my fruitful endeavors, she didn't receive it as well. I chose to tell her at the picnic (a picnic for over 500 people with the theme of 'Employee Appreciation'-orchestrated by moi with the help of a very large group of people). She raised her voice, told me she just couldn't talk to me and then proceeded to tell me she was disappointed in me. ? When I asked her *what* exactly she was disappointed in, she, of course, couldn't articulate it because it made no sense and she realized it. Yes, a round of applause for my clever boss.

She finally started talking to me again yesterday and seems to have come to terms with the fact that I'm really leaving and that no amount of guilt is going to keep me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
web counter