This is the song that never ends...: Nest.

This is the song that never ends...

Monday, July 04, 2005

Nest.




John was trimming the bushes outside when he came upon this:


After clearing things away a bit, he showed me this:

You can just barely make out the little blue eggs inside. It seems too late for babies to hatch now and he said that they look a little 'mottled' (sp?). I read somewhere that the mom robin will discard or ignore any eggs that haven't hatched within a certain period of time. It's taking everything inside of me to not fiddle with the nest. I'm so curious to see the inner workings and get a closer look at the eggs.... Oh well. If there's no activity before we leave for Korea, I might remove the nest and finish the yardwork. I keep waiting to see if any robins are even paying attention to that area --- they're not.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:24 PM , Blogger Lee said...

    Quick update: checked on the nest yesterday and the eggs are gone. I *have* noticed a bird frequenting the joint and wonder if momma was just cleaning things up a bit.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
web counter