This is the song that never ends...: Big Apple or Bust!

This is the song that never ends...

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Big Apple or Bust!

Just came in from chasing bunnies outside with J. Last year, as J tells the story, something that looked like a rat came running up the garden path. He bent down to see what it was and it was a baby bunny.

After getting over the initial shock of having this tiny, little creature in our hands, we named him Rocky and proceeded to try to see why the heck this little guy made us his new parents. We knew something had to be wrong with him 'cuz it's just not right to have this 8oz (yeah, I weighed him on a postage scale, doesn't every new mom do that?) baby bunny running around chasing us.

I took more pictures of my little circus freak and tried contacting animal shelters to see if they could offer any insight on how to properly nourish and care for him.

J came home one day (almost exactly one year ago) to check on our little bundle of joy and peeked inside the little carrier we had set up for him. When he lifted the little towel Rocky was sleeping under, he just fell over dead. It was at that point J became depressed for days. I think I even saw some mist in his eyes when he reminisced. I'm trying really hard not to laugh right now. It's not funny at all. Rocky was a cute, little thing and this is my memorial to him: (now's a good time to start humming a sad little ditty in your head...)



RIP Rocky


On a separate and completely unrelated note, I'm running the New York Marathon in November and I've never run a marathon before. I figured I should make it big and do NYC. I could do Detroit, but it's too close to home and I want the thousands of people lining the streets to motivate me. I'm needy that way.

My training as of late has been sporadic at best. I did 3 miles yesterday morning and it felt good. No tummy-tum issues afterwards. On Tuesday, however, J ran with me and that was a different story. He hasn't run since 2000 and has since taken up smoking, quit smoking and then started smoking a pipe. He's doing well for someone who hasn't run in a while so I'm proud of him. It's just that he holds me back a bit. I still try to take the time to appreciate that he's out there with me. I think deep down he's trying to be my motivator and doesn't want me to know. Fine by me - it's working.

Plans are to run tomorrow together. I'm really hoping we can do 3 miles together. He pooped out on me when we hit 2.5 a couple days ago, so we'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
web counter