This is the song that never ends...: 100th Post!!!

This is the song that never ends...

Saturday, January 06, 2007

100th Post!!!

I'm done talking about labor/delivery and children for the moment...

I've been doing some reading (BFFM) and some number crunching in my head for realistic ways to hit my goals and I wanted to get it down somewhere I can reference it. So, with that being said, bear with me as I hash out the scary innards of my thought processes.....

My goal is to lose 30 lbs which roughly equates to about 105,000 calories

If I do one workout in the morning before babe and hub are up for the day....say, around 6:30/7:00-ish and do one, fairly easy cardio workout that burns 250 cals (for me, that would probably be about 25 minutes on the elliptical or something similar on the upright bike)....
AND, I do another workout in my evening 'ME' time between 7:30-9:00p at night----probably another cardio and weights session together that would equate another 500 calories....
That would put me at approx 750 cals for the day. If I continue that schedule for 6 days (I'd like to do 7, but let's be realistic, shall we?), then I would have a weekly caloric burn of 4500 calories from exercise alone.

Now, if we take a look at my BMR, which, according to the Katch-McArdle formula, is 1666 and then we look at my TDEE (total daily energy expenditure, factoring in a moderately active lifestyle-for the moment), which happens to be 2,582 calories, then we can look at how food consumption can play a role in my losses, too. If I consume approximately 1800 calories a day, I would be looking at a daily caloric deficit of approximately 780 cals. This would equate to a weekly caloric deficit of about 5,460. I don't know why, but I feel like I'm doing one of my calculations wrong or being redundant about something...

So, if I put those two calculations to work:
4500 cals burned from exercise alone in one week
5460 weekly caloric deficit based on BMR/TDEE
=9960, which equals 2.84 lbs loss per week

Obviously, this calculation will have to be revisited on a bi-weekly or monthly basis due to it's reliance upon current body weight, but theoretically, I could expect to lose my 30lbs in about 11 weeks (March 24th) and my ultimate loss of 45 lbs in 16 weeks (April 28th).

Granted, I understand that plateaus are a natural occurrence, but I do geeky stuff like this to psyche myself up and look at the big picture.

Okay, I feel better about getting that crap outta my head.

As for today, I'm taking it easy. AF came for a visit yesterday, and is making my life very hard. I'm foregoing the gym today cuz I'm just runnin' through the tampons (heh, heh...you're the one who wanted to read this journal...).

'Tis all for now. Tomorrow's plan is to hit the gym once in the evening, probably around 6:00p or 7:00p and maybe do some cardio. I'm going to flip through some of my workout plans and develop one for the remainder of the month---I'll post what I'm doing tomorrow.
Ciao for now~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
web counter