This is the song that never ends...: Antsy.

This is the song that never ends...

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Antsy.

It's been a week since the big day and now I'm antsy. I'm antsy for some type of goal or something. John and I are thinking of having kids soon, but in the interim, I need to do something. Something that will get me in shape cuz' honestly, I didn't lose an ounce training for the marathon. And yes, I do realize that could have been partly due to the fact that my training regime sucked ass.

So, here I am, wanting to do something. I want to do something new. Something fresh. I don't want to do another BFL challenge---that's played out for me right now. I'm thinking along the lines of a 30-day kick-start. I can deal with 30 days. Heck, it'll end before Christmas.... My mind keeps telling me to take a break off of processed carbs/sugar. This past week has been chock-full of junk that I've just constantly fed into my system and I need some type of cleanse...

Okay, I'm committing to it. 30 days without processed carbohydrates starting tomorrow. No bread (only exception-those nasty low-carb/high fiber wraps), pasta, sugar and white flour. I'll try to check in every day and keep accountable. Hmm... better go do something with those homemade chocolate chip muffins on the kitchen counter.

What else is taking up mind-space right now? My middle toe still hurts. If I wear socks that are too tight, my toe starts to ache.... what's up with that? Been like that since the marathon.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:55 PM , Blogger PartTimeMom said...

    Always a good plan to have a plan ;) good luck with your new challenge.

     
  • At 6:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    It is kind of like climbing a mountain, once you get to the top you have to come back down:):)

     
  • At 8:36 AM , Blogger Lee said...

    And that's the part I always HATED---coming d-o-w-n....

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
web counter