This is the song that never ends...: All knocked up.

This is the song that never ends...

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

All knocked up.

So, I'm pregnant. I honestly can't believe it as I type it. I can’t say that I’m shocked---because I do understand how the birds and the bees do their thang. I guess I just didn’t think that it would ever happen. I remember being little and swearing up and down that I would NEVER get pregnant and have kids when I was older. Why not? “Because you throw up” Would be my answer. I’ve had a deep-rooted, completely irrational fear of vomiting for as long as I can remember. I think there’s even a name for it…. Emetophobia --- or something like that. I’ve read up a little bit on it and it’s quite interesting to see how many people actually have this same fear. Well, I think the best way to rid myself of the fear it jump headfirst! Aside from tongue-kissing someone with a stomach bug, this has to be the ticket, right? (For those of you who don’t understand….no, I didn’t get pregnant to confront a fear-‘that’ would be irrational…)

So here I am, about six weeks along according to all of the pregnancy calculators that litter the internet. I feel….okay…. The last couple of days have been interesting. It seems like as soon as I entered my sixth week of pregnancy, the nausea fairy decided to come for a visit, bring all of her shit and stay in the guestroom for a while. I haven’t prayed to the porcelain god, yet. Just lots of ‘ick’ feelings. And it’s all day, too. Screw the terminology ‘Morning Sickness’.

Other than that, things seem to be going great. I have my first ultrasound scheduled in a couple weeks. I’m trying to arrange it so that John can be there, too. I think it would be nice for him to be able to see that I’m actually knocked up and not just looking for an excuse to be ultra-picky with food and then eat everything in sight.

And as you’ll notice in the ‘comments’ section from the last post-my Aunt was nice enough to point out the fact that twins run in the family. I remember my grandmother mentioning a long time ago that I was a good candidate. I told John and he’s just giddy with that possibility. We only want two kids and for him, if we can take care of that in one punch-all the better. Oh, and Anna-the-Psychic at work says that she sees two symbols in my hand, one boy and one girl-but she says that she only sees me having a daughter. A bit troubling, but I think I’m okay with it. I think there are quite a few pregnancies that start out as two and ultimately end as one. I’m just hoping the ultrasound will be able to show how many little stinkers are in there (please let there be one!)

2 Comments:

  • At 9:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    OK.....so if the morning sickness actually comes(the kind that lasts all day) trust me don't follow the advise that was given me....to eat crackers before you raise up from bed, it will help you not throw up....bull.....nothing worse than upchucking crackers first thing in the a.m......19 yrs ago and I still remember it......just a word to the wise........loveya....

     
  • At 2:49 PM , Blogger PartTimeMom said...

    Morning Sickness - the only good thing I can say about it is I only had it with my first! :)

    Unfortunatly there are no rules regarding it. Some are over it as soon as the third month rolls around - some are sick the entire time. Some are sick in the morning - some at night and some all day.

    You're just going to have to see how it goes. In the meanwhile enjoy the little one now, while it's small and unable to do much nore then make you a little icky feeling ;)

    and I have to say once again. Congratulations!

    PS - I had to add - losts of women have had babies, few run marathons - you're miles beyond the average ;)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
web counter